Sometimes you might find that you need to create an AWS CloudFormation resource that is not yet supported in the Altostra Designer. In such case, you can use the Custom Resources resource. The Custom Resources resource enables you in input any valid CloudFormation template that will be added to the resulting template compiled by Altostra.
Keep in mind that the resources you add using the Custom Resources resource are not checked by Altostra for validity. This resource is meant to help you extend your needs beyond what is currently supported by Altostra, but at your own risk. Please feel free to submit a feature request if you find yourself using this resource.
Add a custom CloudFormation resource
- Open an Altostra project in Visual Studio Code.
- Switch to the Altostra view.
Resources, click on
Custom resourcesto add a custom resource to your Blueprint.
- Click on the Edit icon for the newly added Customer Resources resource in the designer.
- Enter a valid CloudFormation (template-resources) JSON object.
- Click SAVE finish editing the Customer Resources resource.
The JSON object you enter in this dialog must be valid to be set under the Resources property of a CloudFormation template.
For more information about the CloudFormation template resources format, read the AWS Documentation.