Connecting your Auth0 tenant allows Altostra to populate Auth0 application data such as secrets and keys to connected functions.
In order to connect Altostra with your Auth0 tenant you must create an Auth0 application with the appropriate permissions.
- Go to your Auth0 dashboard.
- Exapand the Applications sub-menu in the left panel, then on Applications under it.
- Click on
+ Create Application.
- Select Machine to Machine Applications, name your application and click Create.
Auth0 Management APIand the following scopes:
- Click on Authorize.
- After the application has been created - click on the Settings tab.
- Copy the following application attributes for farther use:
Setting up connection to an Auth0 tenant
Follow these steps to connect Altostra to your Auth0 tenant:
- Go to the Altostra Web Console settings page.
- Click on the Integrations tab.
- In the left panel click on Security
- Click on Connect next to Auth0.
- Name the integration and fill in the
Client Secretfrom the application created in the prerequisites section.
Setting up an integration with an environment
To let functions in a certain environment access Auth0 application data and perform actions on hehalf of selected applications you must first connect an Auth0 integration with an environment.
- Go to Altostra Web Console Environments page
- Click on the desired environment you would like to connect with an integrated Auth0 tentant.
- Click on the Settings tab.
- Under Environment Policies select the Auth0 tenant you would like to integrate.
- Click on Save Changes.